jules: (Default)
[personal profile] jules
So, my tenure here at DW didn't last as long as I had thought it would. But oh well. Anyway, previously on Julia, I was applying to USC and Michigan. Neither one even wanted to interview me. Poop. So I decided to apply to second tier schools. I picked Illinois and Wisconsin. Illinois's deadline was right around when I made this decision, so I quickly got my app in. They wanted to interview me right away. And today they offered me admission, plus a very small amount of money (about enough to cover housing, but no food). Meanwhile, Wisconsin's deadline isn't until February, so I haven't applied yet, but the deadline to give Illini my deposit is right around the app deadline for Wisconsin.

Additionally, Iowa wants me. A lot. They gave me a tuition waiver and are now flying me out for an interview. So I would guess they will offer me money. A lot. But I'm not flying out until the first week of February, about a week before Illini's deposit is due. So... Conundrum. But I have time. I'm going to get my Wisconsin app in ASAP and hope they will give me a quick response. This isn't the worst position to be in, but if it comes to Feb 10th and I still haven't heard from anyone but Illinois, I will feel like I'm risking wasting a lot of money. But I will probably only back out if one of the other schools offers me a nice package, so I'd be saving in the end? Maybe? 

(no subject)

Date: 2010-12-18 04:19 am (UTC)
afrocurl: (Default)
From: [personal profile] afrocurl
I think any of these schools will be a good fit for you. I know Champbana is a pretty cool place to live, but money from anyway is amazing.

Best of luck!

January 2011


Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags